Mother Teresa was a woman filled with the love of Christ and Heavenly wisdom. Jesus, her spouse, was the SOURCE and SUMMIT of Mother Teresa’s wisdom and so these views on abortion presented below echo Christ’s own words on this emotive subject in our ‘culture of death’ as Pope John Paul used to call it…..
- “Any country that accepts abortion is the poorest of the poor”
- “If we can accept that a mother can kill her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another?”
- “Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use violence to get what they want. That is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion”
- “Any country that accepts abortion is the poorest of the poor” (USA think again about your ‘wealth’)
- “Many people are concerned with the children of India, with the children of Africa where quite a few die of hunger, and so on. Many people are also concerned about the violence in this great country of the United States. These concerns are very good. But often these same people are not concerned with the millions being killed by the deliberate decision of their own mothers. And this is the greatest destroyer of peace today- abortion which brings people to such blindness.”
- “The way to plan the family is natural family planning (author’s note: which is 98% effective) not contraception. In destroying the power of giving life, through contraception, a husband or wife is doing something to self, and so it destroys the gift of life in him or her. Once that living love is destroyed by contraception, abortion follows very easily.”
- “It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you live as you wish”
- “I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself.”
- “We must remember that life begins at home and we must also remember that the future of humanity passes through the family”
- “By abortion the mother does not learn to love, but kills her own child to solve her problems. And, by abortion, that father is told that he does not have to take any responsibility at all for the child he has brought into the world. The father is likely to put other women to the same trouble. So abortion leads to more abortion.”
These views on abortion make us sit up and think about what is really going on every day of every week in our countries often in a legal manner.
Mother Teresa was a prophet for the 21st Century speaking God’s word into an ever changing world.
“Blessed Mother Teresa please pray for us and all who read and contribute to this Site in any way by deed, prayer and support. Amen”